Boston Attorneys Providing Defense Against Wage And Hour Claims
Massachusetts employers are generally aware of the minefield that employment can be for a business. Timely quality legal advice can pay for itself many times over as employers seek to prevent and avoid litigation.
Despite diligent preparation, wage and hour claims sometimes develop for individual employees and in the form of class actions. [nap_names id=”FIRM-NAME-3″] works with employers proactively as well as in defense of claims that arise. Our lawyers have years of experience representing and defending employers in wage and hour class actions involving issues such as:
- Unpaid wages: Does a group of employees claim that your company unlawfully docked pay or did not pay for services rendered through workplace routines?
- Unpaid overtime class actions: Does a class action accuse your company of failing to pay proper overtime on Sundays or failure to pay overtime by misclassifying employees as independent contractors?
- Unlawful wage deductions: Does a class action lawsuit assert that your payroll department withheld pay for uniforms or for other unallowable purposes?
- Off-the-clock work: Do employees claim that supervisors required them to work before clocking in or after clocking out?
- Miscalculation of commissions: Do employees claim that they missed out on payment for commissions due to faulty calculations?
- Unpaid meal and rest breaks: Do employees claim that they were not paid for meal and rest breaks as required by law?
- Unpaid vacation or personal time: Has a group of employees asserted in a class action suit that they were not paid for unused vacation or personal time, in violation of Massachusetts laws?
A class action suit can be very costly for employers, whether they win or lose. Our attorneys are well aware of the high stakes. We work hard to contain legal costs for our employer clients while advocating vigorously to protect them from preventable losses through verdicts or through costly settlements.
Turn To Advocates Ready To Defend Your Company In A Wage And Hour Case
Our wage and hour attorneys at [nap_names id=”FIRM-NAME-3″] have ample experience with defense against wage and hour claims. We also help employees bring class actions. Our experience on both sides of the fence and our strong track record with cases handled on both sides can work to your advantage. Request a consultation with no further obligation. Contact our downtown Boston law offices by email or by calling [nap_phone id=”LOCAL-REGULAR-NUMBER-2″].